The end of summer is upon us. These diverse articles will tickle your imagination and start you thinking about what your autumn online activities might be!
How do you arrive at the thing or things to focus on every day?
You already know about the requirement of posting Top Flight, Relevant, and Shareable content. You may even be working to make sure that you attach a photo or graphic to your posts, since people are attracted to pictures and tend to gloss over text-only posts.
- The problems and challenges we face today (business, societal and personal) are complex with no simple answers. The kind of effort required to tackle them can’t be splintered into micro-moments of attention (better known as “multi-tasking”…). We need big blocks of time, and lots of them, to work through these things.
- Our culture prizes Fast, Immediate, Responsive, 24/7/365 over taking the time to gain the ability to learn hard things more quickly and produce at an elite level (so we move past “good enough” to “WOW!”).
- The difficulty of measuring the complex over the simple (an example – “audience engagement” versus a Facebook page “Like”).
- The tendency to answer a simpler question when confronted with a difficult one (more on that shortly…).
- How To Improve Facebook Engagement: Insights From 1bn Posts :: This set of data, inhaled and analyzed by the good folks at BuzzSumo, provides some head-scratching information around what you may have thought was THE way to engage on Facebook. While correlation is not causation, and they even wonder why some of the data shows what they show, it can provide you with some things to try. Remember, though, your audience may not act like others, so test these things out before gluing them into your plan.
- Facebook Vs. Google: Is Facebook Winning The Content Discovery War? :: Another great data-driven post from BuzzSumo! This one focuses on how Internet users (and Facebook users in particular) are finding the interesting stuff they want to consume…..and Facebook is coming out ahead! So should you publish on your blog and web site and SEO the daylights out of it ($$$?), or post to your Facebook Business Page? Your mileage may vary, but the data are showing that you may be discovered more readily on Facebook.
- 50 Features Every Small Business Website Must Have [Infographic] :: The 3 primary issues I come across with my customers when it comes to their web sites are: (1) They don’t have one, (2) They have one they built themselves, and it REALLY looks like it….., and (3) They have a web site that was last touched about 2009! This infographic gives you a high-level snapshot of what you need at a very base level for your small business site. I always recommend that you engage a web designer who understands current design trends and technologies, works with your business’ requirements BUT doesn’t skimp, and can point you to partners who can do basic SEO and social media integration (not to mention point you to a seasoned social media and digital strategy resource, too….without a plan, this is much less likely to work).
- Here’s Why Twitter is so Important, to Everyone :: Facebook seems to be in everyone’s faces all of the time. To many of my clients, Twitter appears either irrelevant, inappropriate or just plain scary (the fire-hose effect can seem intimidating…). But the thing that drives that fire-hose is the real-time feed, and therein lies the value of this channel. In this article Andrew Hutchinson (someone well worth following online, by the way…), he outlines why you might want to pay closer attention to what Twitter can do for you.
- What Makes Brands Really Successful on Social Media :: So, who DOESN’T want to be a successful brand on Social Media? In this article you can find out how some of the most successful brands do it, then figure out how that can be re-purposed for your business. Learn from the best, but don’t just do something because someone else does…..test it, measure it and make sure it works for your business and your audience!
You are Very, Very Good at what you do!
Mindfulness is a light of honesty within yourself that is fed by each moment that passes.