- Strategy and Planning
- Processes and How-To
- …and include a few examples.
While we’re all waiting for the smoke to clear around Mark Zuckerberg’s announcement a few weeks ago regarding the BIG CHANGES taking place in the Facebook Newsfeed and how that will hit your marketing, one thing is pretty clear…
- “…recently we’ve gotten feedback from our community that public content — posts from businesses, brands and media — is crowding out the personal moments that lead us to connect more with each other.”
- “We started making changes in this direction last year, but it will take months for this new focus to make its way through all our products. The first changes you’ll see will be in News Feed, where you can expect to see more from your friends, family and groups. As we roll this out, you’ll see less public content like posts from businesses, brands, and media. And the public content you see more will be held to the same standard — it should encourage meaningful interactions between people.“
- “The research shows that when we use social media to connect with people we care about, it can be good for our well-being. We can feel more connected and less lonely, and that correlates with long term measures of happiness and health. On the other hand, passively reading articles or watching videos — even if they’re entertaining or informative — may not be as good. Based on this, we’re making a major change to how we build Facebook. I’m changing the goal I give our product teams from focusing on helping you find relevant content to helping you have more meaningful social interactions.”
- You can read his entire post here.
- With Entrepreneurs Freaking Out After Facebook’s Drastic Newsfeed Change, Here Are 4 Things You Can Do Right Now to Survive
For years you would hear it and see it:
- What are your goals for your digital marketing?
- Where are the bulk of your customers / audience?
- How and where do you your customers / audience prefer to consume content?
- What are the resources you have to devote to executing the plan?